Monday, July 14, 2008

Whole Wheat Honey Oat Bread



I bought a bread maker. My oldest daughter has been diagnosed with Hypoglycemia so I'm now trying to bake more things she can eat. I'm also trying to cut out the High Fructose corn syrup from my husband diet, in hopes it will help him lose weight a little faster. So the recipes here are going to become a bit healthier than they already were and hopefully not to much more expensive.

I couldn't get the recipes that came with it to work so I created this Whole Wheat and Oatmeal recipe that seemed to go over very well

1 1/4 cups warm water
2 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
4 Tbsp Vidal Wheat Gluten
1/2 cup old fashioned Oats uncooked
3 cups whole wheat flour
3 tsp Bread Machine Yeast

Just put the ingredients into the pan in that order except for the yeast. Dig a well in the flour and put the yeast in the well. Close the lid and set it to whatever setting you use for wheat bread.

It makes a 1.5 lb loaf takes about 5 minutes to put together and 3 hours to cook.


Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 93.1g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 216 Calories from Fat 34

% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3.8g 6%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 3%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 236mg 10%
Total Carbohydrates 40.1g 13%
Dietary Fiber 1.3g 5%
Protein 4.9g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 1% Iron 12%
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

No comments: