Friday, May 16, 2008

Welcome to Cooking for Eight

I have been wanting to start this blog for a very long time. With my new camera I got for mothers day, I am happy to say, I finally can. I hope all of you like what you find here. As the mother of six children, I know how hard it can be, especially with rising food prices to feed your children (yes that includes the grown man child as well) healthy meals on a budget. I have been doing this now for Fifteen years. My average grocery bill is between 100 and 175 a week. That is essentially feeding 8 people on between 14 dollars and 25 dollars a day. That's a day, not per meal.

In my blog you will find advice on how to shop inexpensively, without coupons and some great recipes to help feed your hungry family, Some will be my own creation, some will be others creations and some will be a mixture of the two. Anytime I use someone else's recipe, I will always give credit and let you know where to find the original recipe.

If you have your own food blog and would like me to test one of your recipes for possible inclusion here, then please feel free to drop me an email. I would be happy to check it out.

No comments: